There will be cause for celebration in Season 2020 with a potential 17 Saints slated to tick off major game milestones.
It’s especially great news for Victorian-based St Kilda fans, with at least 13 significant outings to be played at Marvel Stadium.
Five of St Kilda’s six recruits from the 2019 Trade Period are eyeing off milestone matches this season, all of which are set to be played in Victoria.
Bradley Hill is in prime position to kick off proceedings with his 150th career game in Round 1, with Zak Jones likely to notch up the ton a few weeks later against Fremantle.
While Dougal Howard and Dan Butler will hope to secure a win in game 50 against Geelong, it’s Paddy Ryder’s 250th which arguably shapes as the biggest spectacle.
The All Australian ruckman could become the first Saint since Leigh Montagna in 2016 to reach the 250-game mark, with the 31-year-old set to celebrate under the Friday night lights against Collingwood.
Jarryn Geary’s 200th at TIO Stadium should also be among the many highlights, as the courageous skipper eyes off a return to senior football following an injury-riddled 2019.
Defenders Jake Carlisle and Dylan Roberton have the opportunity to tip over 150 games after lengthy periods on the sidelines, while Jimmy Webster, Tim Membrey, Jack Sinclair, Jade Gresham and Jack Steele could raise the bat and join the ‘100 Club’.
Several of the Saints’ young brigade are slated to celebrate minor milestones, with Rowan Marshall, Hunter Clark, Ben Long and Daniel McKenzie headlining the 50-game mark.
- Paddy Ryder (currently 243 games): Collingwood, Marvel Stadium, Round 7
- Jarryn Geary (188): Gold Coast, TIO Stadium, Round 13
- Bradley Hill (149): North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, Round 1
- Jake Carlisle (134): Melbourne, MCG, Round 17
- Dylan Roberton (128): Carlton, TBC, Round 23
- Jimmy Webster (93): Collingwood, Marvel Stadium, Round 7
- Tim Membrey (92): Carlton, Marvel Stadium, Round 8
- Zak Jones (90): Fremantle, Marvel Stadium, Round 10
- Jack Sinclair (86): Sydney, Marvel Stadium, Round 15
- Jade Gresham (81): Hawthorn, Marvel Stadium, Round 20
- Jack Steele (78): Carlton, TBC, Round 23
- Daniel McKenzie (49): North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, Round 1
- Dougal Howard (45): Geelong, GMHBA Stadium, Round 5
- Dan Butler (45): Geelong, GMHBA Stadium, Round 5
- Rowan Marshall (33): Western Bulldogs, Marvel Stadium, Round 18
- Ben Long (30): Fremantle, Optus Stadium, Round 21
- Hunter Clark (29): Geelong, Marvel Stadium, Round 22