Ruckman Rowan Marshall is set to miss Round 19 against West Coast following the discovery on Monday that he attended a Tier 1 exposure site last week.
While checking the Victorian Government exposure list, Marshall discovered the recently added site and immediately alerted club officials and self-isolated.
Before heading home from the International Rugby Match at AAMI Park, Marshall and fellow teammate Darragh Joyce attended the Precinct Bar and Restaurant for approximately 45 minutes.
The club informed the AFL, who in turn contacted the relevant Western Australian authorities.
Upon advice from the Western Australian Government, Marshall will continue his self-isolation with arrangements currently being made for him to return to Victoria when possible.
At this stage, the timings of his isolation period will mean he is available for Round 20.
Due to the protocols and testing regime required by the Western Australian Government, prior to and since arriving in the State, the remainder of the St Kilda Football Club travelling party will be able to continue training in accordance with the quarantine directions provided by the Western Australian Police.
All members of the travelling party have been tested three times in the past week, all returning negative results, including Marshall (and Joyce, who remained in Victoria). The group was lasted tested yesterday, Monday 19 July, once again returning negative results.
Chief Operating Officer Simon Lethlean, who is currently in WA with the group, said the club would continue to co-operate and comply with government advice.
“We’re grateful to the WA Government and Western Australian Police for permitting us to continue our training and we’ll continue to work with them over the coming days,” said Lethlean.
“As we know, Rowan and Darragh’s situation is not unique and our thoughts are with everyone back in Victoria who currently is in lockdown.”