Brisbane has had its first win over St Kilda at Marvel Stadium in 19 years.

The high-octane Lions dominated early before being stifled by the sluggish Saints, only to power away either side of half-time, thanks largely to Charlie Cameron, to win 17.13 (115) to 8.11 (59). 

Brisbane led by just a point midway through the second term as St Kilda threatened to take the ascendancy, but the Lions exploded with 13 of the next 14 goals to lead by as much as 76 points early in the last quarter.

The Lions were damaging around stoppages and boasted too many forward options for Alan Richardson's men to contain. 

Finals are becoming an increasing prospect for the Lions, who have roared to 8-5 after posting their first win outside their home state since beating North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium in round two. 

The Saints' display was made all the more shattering given it was such an important contest.

Perhaps the only real positives for St Kilda was the first game in Saints colours for former Swan Dan Hannebery (27 possessions – behind only teammate Seb Ross' 30 and Zorko's 28) and second-gamer forward Nick Hind, who slotted three of his team's first five goals. 

St Kilda swingman Jake Carlisle, in his first AFL game for the season, had a quiet game after starting forward on Brisbane star Harris Andrews.

Fresh from enjoying their mid-season bye, the Lions immediately had the Saints under siege, firing the first six scoring shots inside seven minutes. At that point St Kilda was yet to even enter their forward arc. 

The problem was the Lions had only 2.4 to show for their efforts, and St Kilda responded by lifting its intensity to hit back with three of the next four goals, including two to the brilliant Hind.

Hannebery won an equal game-high 11 touches in the first term in a game played at a frenetic pace. 

The contest closed up in the second quarter as St Kilda forced Brisbane wide and bridged the gap. 

It seemed a worryingly familiar story for the Lions, who had held significant leads in their previous three roads trips against the Western Bulldogs, Fremantle in Perth and Carlton, only to be overrun. 

However, the game flipped on its head and the Saints were thrown to the Lions.

Against the flow of play, the visitors somehow managed to scrounge three opportunist goals, the last two to Lyons, before half-time to lead by 20 points at the long interval. 

After the break, Cameron turned on a sensational six-minute cameo that resulted in three Brisbane goals and put the game to bed. 

After missing a long set shot, he showcased his strength, cat-like recovery and exquisite finishing skills to snap two goals (in fact, all five of his goals came from canny snaps) and had a hand in another to McCarthy to open up a 39-point lead.

As it turned out, the Lions were just loosening up, and they piled on nine goals to one in the third term.

Brisbane's only other win over St Kilda at Docklands was back in their first encounter there way back in 2000. They had subsequently lost their other eight clashes in a row, and on average had been outscored 84-114, before this result. 

In the process, the Lions also broke a four-game hoodoo against the Saints.

ST KILDA       3.3     4.6      5.7        8.11       (59)                  
BRISBANE     4.6     7.8     16.11     17.13     (115)           

St Kilda: Hind 3, Bruce 2, Membrey, Parker, Gresham
Brisbane: Cameron 5, Lyons 2, Christensen 2, McLuggage 2, Hipwood, Zorko, McStay, Rich, McCarthy, Robinson

St Kilda: Ross, Hannebery, Hind, Marshall
Brisbane: Cameron, McLuggage, Martin, Lyons, Zorko, Rich, Neale 

St Kilda: Nil
Brisbane: Nil

Reports: Nil

Umpires: Brown, Fleer, Mitchell, Wallace 

Official crowd: 22,885 at Marvel Stadium